Key market trends and growth drivers
Alcoa estimates that annual production of aluminium is growing at about 6% per annum. US car and light truck production, a proxy for the rate of use of iron foundry filters, grew by 6% in 2015. China’s car production has grown rapidly and China is now the largest car producer in the world.
Our niche positions
The Group has a high market share of:
- The global market for cast house aluminium filters
- The NAFTA market for gray and ductile iron filters
- The global market for high grade and exotic alloy filters
Our competitive advantage
The Group’s competitive advantage comes from its metallurgical and ceramics expertise, which enables the Group to develop differentiated and patent protected filters.
Our recent new products
The division’s principal products are all relatively new and patented.
The principal products are:
- Selee CSX™ for aluminium filtration
- Selee IC™ for gray and ductile iron filtration
- Selee SA™ for high grade alloys
The division continues to develop range extensions of these products including a new formulation specifically for the Chinese aluminium filtration market.